Please read the terms and conditions of using the wsb online Internet Banking product and wsb epay.
If you agree to these terms and conditions, please click on the AGREE button below. If not, click on the DO NOT AGREE button below to return to the Watertown Savings Bank home page.
CUSTOMER AGREEMENT and DISCLOSURES
- Coverage. This Agreement applies to your use of wsb online ("Online Banking"), which permits you to access your accounts with Watertown Savings Bank via the Internet for various banking services. This Agreement applies to all persons that are parties to the accounts. In this Agreement, the terms "you" and "your" refer to each depositor on an account accessible by wsb online, and the terms "us," "we," and "our" refer to Watertown Savings Bank. Terms and conditions for bill payment services are covered under separate e-pay service agreement.
- Enrollment. To enroll in wsb online, you will need to evidence your agreement with the terms of this Agreement by clicking AGREE below. You will then be asked to identify yourself and select an access ID, password and passmark image and phrase. Once you have completed these steps, you will be enrolled in wsb online and have access to the services offered by us. All information is kept strictly confidential and is not released to non-related third party entities. Please refer to our Privacy Notice for information.
- Your Responsibility. You are responsible for selecting all software, hardware and your Internet service provider and for any defect, malfunction or interruption in service or security due to hardware or software failure or your choice of an Internet service provider.
- Password. As part of our enrollment process, you will be required to select a password ("Password") to access services using wsb online. Your Password has the same effect as your signature authorizing transactions. You agree to safely keep your Password, not to record your Password or otherwise disclose or make your Password available to anyone other than authorized users of your accounts. Anyone to whom you disclose your Password and anyone who has access to your Password will have full access to the services you can perform with wsb online, including full access to your accounts. You have no ability to limit any such person's authority. If anyone uses your Password with your permission, you will be responsible for any transactions performed by that person.
- Customer Liability. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Password has been lost, stolen or otherwise become available to an unauthorized person. Telephoning is the best way of minimizing your losses. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days of the date we mail or e-mail a periodic statement to you, you may not get any money you lost if we show that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you would have told us in time.
Contact in Event of Unauthorized Transfer. If you believe your Password has been lost or stolen or your passmark image or phrase has been tampered with or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission: call us toll free at 800-207-2525 Monday through Friday during the hours of 9 am to 3 pm; write Watertown Savings Bank, 60 Main Street, Watertown, MA 02472, Attention: Internet Banking Support; or e-mail us at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: E-mail is generally not a secure form of communication. Please do not include account number or social security information in this correspondence.
Services. Using wsb online, you can:(The term "Qualified Accounts" means any checking account or any statement savings account. Subject to available funds, you may transfer funds through wsb online in any amount.)
- view account information
- transfer funds between your Qualified Accounts
- schedule a recurring or future transfer between your Qualified Accounts
- transfer funds from your Equity Account (home equity line) to a Qualified Account
- make payments out of your Qualified Accounts to your loan accounts
- schedule monthly payments out of your Qualified Accounts to your loan accounts
- Business Days. Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, even if the Bank or any branch is open all or part of such days.
- Processing Your Internal Funds Transfer (Information regarding External Funds Transfers can be found under #16). We will process a funds transfer on the same business day as your instructions if we receive your instructions before our Online Banking cut-off hour of 7:00 p.m. (the "Cut-Off Hour") on a business day. If we receive your instruction after the Cut-Off Hour of a business day, we will process the transaction no later than the Cut-Off Hour of our next business day. If you schedule a funds transfer for a future date, we will process the transaction on that date if that day is a business day. If the date you request for a future transfer is not a business day, we will process the transaction no later than the Cut-Off Hour of the next business day. If you schedule a recurring funds transfer and the payment date does not exist in a month, the payment will be processed on the last business day of that month.
- Cancelling Funds Transfers. You may cancel or change a scheduled funds transfer by selecting and accurately completing the appropriate fields from the payment menu. Any instruction to cancel or change a funds transfer must be made by the Cut-Off Hour of the business day prior to the date the transaction is to be processed. If you do not accurately complete the appropriate instructions prior to that time, the transaction will be processed.
- Overdrafts. When you schedule a funds transfer using wsb online, you authorize us to withdraw the necessary funds from your account with us. We deduct the amount of your funds transfer from your account on the date we process your instruction. Each instruction to us to withdraw or transfer from an account is an order to us to pay from that account at that time or on a later date, if any, indicated in the instruction. We may charge payments against the account even though the charge creates an overdraft, or we may refuse to make payments if the charge creates an overdraft. If you overdraw your account, you agree to immediately pay us the overdrawn amount, together with any applicable fees. If the account is maintained in connection with an overdraft line of credit, any overdraft will be made in accordance with the agreement or rules governing that account rather than this Agreement.
- Limitations on Transfers. Under federal regulations, you may make no more than six preauthorized electronic funds transfers and telephone transfers, including wsb online transactions, checks and point-of-sale transactions per month from your savings or money market deposit account. Of these six transactions, you are limited to no more than three transactions per month by check, draft, debit card or similar order to third parties. Each funds transfer through wsb online from your savings or money market deposit account is counted as one of the six limited transfers you are permitted each month. However, payments to your loan accounts with us are not counted toward this limit for savings and money market deposit accounts.
- Fees. There is no charge to use wsb online or to make internal transfers between accounts.
- Periodic Statements. Your Online Banking account activity will appear on your periodic account statement. Periodic Statements do not apply to Passbook Savings Account Customers.
15. Our Liability for Failure to Make Transfers. If you have given us all of the proper and timely instructions and have properly completed all fields to complete a transfer, and we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, subject to the limitations contained in this Agreement, we will be liable for your losses or damages proximately caused by our failure. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable to you if, among other things:Notwithstanding any other provision in this agreement, unless otherwise prohibited by law, our sole responsibility for an error by us or third party provider in transferring funds will be to correct the error, but in no case will the bank be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in connection with or in any way related to online banking.
- through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
- circumstances beyond our control (such as communications, electronic or computer system failure, fire or flood) prevent the transfer or use of wsb online, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- you have not properly followed the instructions for using wsb online.
- your operating system is not properly installed or functioning properly.
- the failure resulted from any malfunctions of your browser, Internet service provider or computer, computer virus or other problems relating to the computer equipment you use with wsb online, including, without limitation, your inability to access wsb online or any part of wsb online.
- the failure was the result of inaccessibility to wsb online due to wsb online system failure.
16. Watertown Savings Bank’s External Transfer service enables you to transfer funds: between your Account(s) that you maintain with us on the one hand, and your Account(s) that are maintained by other financial institutions, on the other hand. You represent and warrant that you are either the sole owner or a joint owner of the Eligible Transaction Account and the Recipient Account and that you have all necessary legal right, power and authority to transfer funds between the Eligible Transaction Account and the Recipient Account. If you are a joint owner of the Eligible Transaction Account, Recipient Account, or both, then you represent and warrant that (i) you have been authorized by all of the other joint owners to operate such Accounts without their consent (including without limitation to withdraw or deposit any amount of funds to such Accounts or to even withdraw all funds from such Accounts); and (ii) we may act on your instructions regarding such Accounts without liability to such other joint owners. Further, you represent and warrant that the Recipient Account is located in the United States.
When we receive a Transfer Instruction from you, you authorize us to (i) debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf to the Recipient Account designated by you and to debit your applicable Account as described below (Service Fees and Additional Charges); or, as applicable, to (ii) credit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf from the Recipient Account designated by you and to debit your applicable Account as described below (Service Fees and Additional Charges). You also authorize us to reverse a transfer from the applicable Account if the debit is returned from the other Account in the transaction for any reason, including but not limited to nonsufficient funds.
We will use reasonable efforts to make all your transfers properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transfers initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account or Recipient Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transfer or the transfer would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
The Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;The transfer is refused as described in the paragraphbelow; You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited to the correct Eligible Transaction Account or Recipient Account information; and/or, Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution(s), or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transfer and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information that you enter into the Service, and for informing us as soon as possible if you become aware that this information is inaccurate. You may not use a P.O. Box as a postal address. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a transfer made to the wrong Account once informed, but we do not guarantee such recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by you.
Transfer Methods and Amounts. Payment Methods and Amounts applies to the Service, even in circumstances where the Recipient Account is closed and we are attempting to return funds to such Account. Transfer Cancellation Requests and Refused Transfers. You may cancel a transfer at any time until it begins processing (as shown in the Service). We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied transfer to your Account that we debited for the funds transfer. If this is unsuccessful (for example, the Eligible Transaction Account has been closed) we will make reasonable attempts to otherwise return the funds to you. .
Stop Payment Requests. If you desire to stop any transfer that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Service (see below). Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
Service Fees and Additional Charges. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for the Service. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Service will be charged against the Account that is debited for the funds transfer. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from the applicable Eligible Transaction Account you hold with us or the Account that is debited for the funds transfer, depending on how such charges are described in the user interface for the Service. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and/or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or Internet service provider. Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the Recipient Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the Recipient Account; Section (Service Fees and Charges) should be interpreted as applying to the Recipient Account, not just the Eligible Transaction Account, in such circumstances.
Refused Transfers. We reserve the right to refuse any transfer. We will notify you promptly if we decide to refuse to transfer funds. This notification is not required if you attempt to make a transfer that is not allowed under this Agreement.
Returned Transfers. In using the Service, you understand transfers may be returned for various reasons such as, but not limited to, the Recipient Account number is not valid. We will use reasonable efforts to research and correct the transfer to the intended Account or void the transfer and credit your Account from which you attempted to transfer funds. You may receive notification from us.
17. Alerts/Messages. Internet banking alerts allow you to set up automated alert events based on your own criteria to be alerted upon. Alerts may be sent via e-mail or in an online message box within Internet banking, or both. E-mail alerts will be sent to the e-mail address you provide in creating the alert. The Bank may add or remove types of alerts from time to time. If you change your e-mail address you are responsible for changing this in the alerts you have already set up. You agree that alerts may be delayed or prevented for a variety of reasons. We do not guarantee the delivery or validity of the contents of any alert. You agree that we shall not be liable for any actions taken or not taken by you or anyone else in reliance of an alert. The Bank will never include your password or full account number in an e-mail alert; however you understand that alerts may include your name and some information about your accounts.
Unfulfilled events (events that do not happen) will only remain on the system for 999 days. You will not be notified when they are removed. Distributed events (events that have happened and have been viewed) will remain on the system for 30 days.
18. Account Information Disclosure. The circumstances under which we may provide information about your accounts to third parties are set forth in our current Privacy Notice posted on this website.
19. Termination. We may modify, suspend or terminate your privilege of using wsb online and may withhold approval of any transaction, at any time, without prior notice to you. In the event we terminate wsb online, we will try to notify you in advance but are not required to do so. You will be notified as soon as practicable. Any one person who can use the account accessible with wsb online may terminate wsb online. Termination shall not affect the rights and obligations of the parties for transactions made with wsb online before we have had a reasonable time to respond to your termination request. Your termination of wsb online will automatically terminate any pending transfers and payments.
19. Third Parties. You understand that support and services relating to wsb online are provided by third parties other than us, and you authorize us to contract with third parties to provide such support and service. We provide free online bill pay services through a third-party vendor called Checkfree. Please refer to their Terms and Conditions to review your rights and responsibilities regarding online bill payments.
20. Amendment. We may amend this Agreement at any time. Notice will be sent to you at your current address in our files. Amendments will be effective upon the date indicated in the notice.
21. Limitation on our Liability. UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES DESCRIBED IN THIS DISCLOSURE STATEMENT AND THE SERVICE AGREEMENT, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES FROM THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE EQUIPMENT YOU USE TO ACCESS THE SERVICE INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES BECAUSE OF A FAILURE OR DELAY IN THE DELIVERY OR PROCESSING OF ANY PAYMENT INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES. WE WILL ALSO NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TRANSFER OF FUNDS THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF WHICH IS THE PURCHASE OR SALE OF SECURITIES OR COMMODITIES REGULATED BY THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION OR THE COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION.
22. Our Business Customers. If you are not using the Service primarily for personal, family or household purposes, sections 5,6,15 and 16 of this agreement do not apply to you. In addition, you agree that you are responsible for all payments and transfers made using your Password even if you claim you never requested or received a Password or if the person using your Password was not authorized by you to do so.
23. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable by any rule or law, administrative order or judicial decision, all other provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force.
24. Governing Law. This agreement is governed by and shall be constructed in accordance with the State laws of Massachusetts and applicable federal law.
General. This Agreement is intended to supplement and not to replace other agreements between you and us relating to your accounts, including, without limitation, our Deposit Account Rules. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any other account rules and agreements that apply to your accounts, this Agreement shall govern and prevail.
In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Electronic Transfers
Telephone us: toll free 800-207-2525
Business Days: Monday through Friday
Business Hours: 9 am to 3 pm
Attention: Internet Banking Support
Watertown Savings Bank
60 Main Street
Watertown, MA 02472
as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 calendar days, we may not credit your account. For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error. We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
“Account” means a checking, money market or savings account that is either an Eligible Transaction Account or Recipient Account, as applicable.
“Eligible Transaction Account” is as defined in Section 1.36, except that it shall be limited to a checking, money market or savings account that you hold with us.
"Recipient Account" is your account at another financial institution (i) to which you are transferring funds from your Eligible Transaction Account; or (ii) from which you are transferring funds to your Eligible Transaction Account.
"Transfer Instruction" is a specific Payment Instruction (as defined in Section 1.36) that you provide to the Service for a transfer of funds.