Pop Money is the fast and safe way to send or receive money from friends and family. Popmoney allows you to electronically pay others regardless of where they bank.
To send money, just click the "Popmoney" tab within WSB ePay or WSB Mobile, enter your friend's email address or mobile phone number, the amount you want to send, and you are done! They will receive a message with instructions on how to retrieve the funds. If they bank with one of the hundreds of banks within the Popmoney network, the funds will go directly from your bank account to theirs, usually within one business day (the first payment may take up to four days). If their bank doesn't offer Popmoney they can retrieve the funds via the popmoney.com website. It's safe, convenient and easy.
To receive money, click the Request Money tab within the Popmoney pages of WSB ePay and follow the steps to request either a fixed amount or an open amount. You can request funds from up to five different people at once. That will come in handy if you're doing a fundraiser, or collecting funds from a group of people.
With Popmoney you'll have:
- No need for checks, stamps, or cash to pay someone back.
- No need to wait for someone's check to arrive in the mail.
- No need to make a trip to the bank to cash their check.
Examples of ways to use Popmoney are:
- Send money to your child at college.
- Send a gift to a family member or friend.
- Reimburse a friend after they purchased a ticket for you.
- Pay your babysitter or landscaper or handyman.
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommate.
- Ask your roommates to send their share of the rent.
- Ask your friends to contribute to the cost of a special gift purchase.
Ask for reimbursement for a joint purchase of concert tickets or airline tickets.
If you're not a current WSB Online user, click here to register for online banking today. Then, be sure to also register for WSB ePay, our online bill payment service.
RECEIVING FUNDS THROUGH POPMONEY- If you are a Watertown Savings Bank customer and have received a text or email that someone has sent you funds via Popmoney, go to the WSB Online Bill Pay system, click "Popmoney", go to "preferences" and then click "Deposit Funds Automatically" and choose the checking account you would like the funds to go to. You only need to do this once. All funds sent via Popmoney will automatically be deposited to the account.
If you are not registered for our free WSB online banking with bill pay, you will need to register to receive your payment. Funds that are not collected within 10 days are returned to the sender.
To learn more call WSB Customer Support at 617-928-9000. Below is a tutorial on Popmoney and some frequently asked questions and their answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my bank account information be shared with the recipient - No, your bank account information will not be shared. The recipient will only see your first name, last name, and the message you wrote for the payment. When you send a payment to an email address, the recipient will also see your email address. Similarly, you will not be able to see the recipient's bank account information.
- Do I need to verify my email address and phone number - Verification of your email address and phone number may be required for security reasons. Entering the correct verification codes ensures that you have access to your email and phone. You may also be asked to verify your mobile phone in the future to send and receive payments.
- Do I have limits on my payments - For your protection, limits have been created on how much money and how many payments can be sent during various time periods. You can click the help icon () next to the amount field to view your available limits. Minimum payment is $5.00.
Can I cancel a payment - Yes, you may cancel a payment anytime before or on the send date. Your contact will be notified if you cancel a payment after a payment notification has been sent.
You can view other "Frequently Asked Questions" on the pages within WSB e-Pay.